“October had tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.” Sarah Guillory, Reclaimed
This is a time to spend the weekends on the country side, getting up early and see the fog slowly disappearing between the trees. To enjoy the last warmth of the sun, maybe even a last picnic at lunchtime.
How can we enjoy best the first month of autumn:
- take out the wool blankets
- create special corners in your home: decorate with flowers, apples, dried leaves
- candle light to enjoy cosy evenings
- did you start last month a DIY project? time to enjoy this now in the evenings
- add some velvet cushions on your sofa
- take a good look in the house if you have enough lamps to create a nice ambiance
- re-arrange a bit your furniture, it will make the room look re-styled
The colder days will keep you inside: enjoy this time to start one of your dream projects, maybe get inspired to redecorate your home next year.